Frequently Asked Questions for Private Pilot License Malaysia
1. Do I need reservations?
We strongly suggest that you book your PPL as advanced as possible. Advance booking will smoothen your prerequisite that it involves a lot of admin work on our site to check your qualification to ensure you meet all requirements. We will check with your trainer to ensure you sign in to the course syllabus successfully.
2. What is the minimum age requirement for the PPL course?
You must be at least 17 years old to enroll in the PPL course in Malaysia.
3. Do I need any prior flying experience to enroll in the PPL course?
No, prior flying experience is not required to enroll in the PPL course. The course is designed to teach you the basics of flying, and you will learn everything you need to know during the course.
4. Is it safe to learn to fly?
Yes, learning to fly is safe. The aviation industry has strict safety regulations and procedures in place to ensure the safety of all our students. You will also receive thorough training on safety procedures during the course.
5. How long does the PPL course take to complete?
The PPL course takes approximately (3) three to (12) twelve months to complete, depending on your availability and the weather conditions.
6. How much does the PPL course cost?
The cost of the PPL course varies depending on the flight school you choose and the type of aircraft you will be flying. You can expect to pay anywhere from RM60,000 for the course.
7. What type of aircraft will I be flying during the course?
You will be flying a single-engine aircraft such as the Cessna 172, Cessna 150 or Piper 28 during the PPL course.
8. What subject will be covered in your school's PPL Syllabus?
Introduction to the PPL
Principles of Flight
Aircraft Flight Instruments
Aviation Weather Theory
Aviation Weather Services
Stage 1 exam
Stage 2 exam
Weight and Balance
Airworthiness & Federal Aviation Regulations
Aeromedical Factors & Aeronautical decision making
Stage 3 exam
Final exam & endorsement
9. What exams do I need to pass to obtain my PPL?
You will need to pass a theoretical knowledge exam, as well as a practical flight test, to obtain your PPL.
10. What kind of physical fitness is required to learn to fly?
There are no specific fitness requirements to learn to fly, but you should be in good general health and have good eyesight.
11. Can I fly internationally with a PPL?
With a PPL, you can work in aviation-related jobs such as air taxi or charter services, or continue your training to obtain a commercial pilot's license.
12. What kind of jobs can I get with a PPL?
Yes! To fly in any of the aircraft, you need to be a minimum of 5' tall and not taller than 6'4".
13. How many hours of flight time do I need to obtain my PPL?
You will need a minimum of 46 hours of flight time, including at least 10 hours of solo flight time, to obtain your PPL.
14. How often do I need to renew my PPL?
Depending on your age the medical will be valid for five, two, or one year. In Malaysia, you need to have a yearly CoT (flight test) and a minimum of 3 landings every 3 months.
15. How many students are in a typical PPL class?
We completed it online at our school, so there is no student size issue; normally, just a small group of students take the course, and you will receive personalised attention and instruction.
16. What kind of support is available for students outside of class?
Flight schools usually offer additional support for students, including study materials, online resources, and access to instructors.
17. Is financial assistance available for the PPL course?
We do not offer funding or grants to students that require financial support for PPL. Our course is built on a pay as you go basis that allows you to see all of your previous transactions with us with a single click on your account; transparency is important to us.
18. Does the PPL Course include aviation Insurance protection?
There is no insurance coverage for your PPL course. You need to have your own insurance coverage.
19. How do I book the PPL Course?
You can book the PPL Course by filling up the Booking Form on our website. If you have any questions about the package before booking, please Call or WhatsApp our General Line for assistant at +60196638336